Friday, January 11, 2013

Holy Applejuice Batman!

So yesterday was payday--naturally, I spent a good chunk of my wages on a juicer!  But I was able to get it for $67 on sale (reg. $99)!  Score!  It's the Bella 13694 Juicer, Extractor Deluxe bought at Macy's!  And they even gave me a really awesome stick on handle to carry the box!  Double score!!

I pulled some random concoction out of my rear for my lunch-time snack.  Of course, I was still hungry so I had to eat some pizza rolls as well.  Decided I would wean myself into the juicing cleanse slowly.  And that's not a bad idea.

My first juicing concoction was this:
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
a handful of grapes
2 radishes
1 tomato
1 clove of garlic

It was of course orange in color (I wish I had taken a picture of it) and tasted most definitely like veggies!  It was somewhat bland, but I was able to drink it over the course of 2-3 hours at work.

After returning home from the day's events, I decided I wanted to give the juicer another go.  So I washed and de-stickerized 1 large red apple, 1 large green apple, and yet a smaller green apple.  Best apple juice I've had in my entire life.  Not joking AT ALL!  It had just the perfect sweetness to tartness ratio and now I'm more excited than before about starting the cleanse (officially starting it in the morning)!

I've decided to save myself the stress of figuring it all out tomorrow, so I've prepared my "meals" as they're called ahead of time so all I have to do is pop the ingredients into the juicer and voila!  I have also consulted the Reboot with Joe website for more information.  I'm by no means a pro (or anything remotely close to novice at this point) but I'm learning more with each new adventure!!

PS: Not sure how much (if any) weight I'll lose while doing this, but for the record, my current weight as of January 11, 2013 is 142 lbs.  Hopefully I will have lost something before Monday morning rolls around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment