Friday, January 4, 2013

7 of 26 Inspirations (8 and on will follow soon enough)

Since I'll be turning 26 this August, I have decided to write a post (or 2 or 3) discussing the 26 people who have inspired me the most thus far in my life.  These people are in no way conclusive and are not in any order (other than random, lol).  As Kayden is my reason for being, my reason for all I do, I won't include him in this list.  He trumps all at this point, but others have inspired me in specific areas and I can't thank them enough!

1. My Mom!  She has been my support through everything... even when I was at my worst!  She raised my sisters and I as a single mom since day one.  She has never shoved her sacrifices for us down our throats.  She is over-protective, emotional, and extremely loving.  Despite her flaws, I would not change a single thing about her.  My mom has been dealt a rough hand and refuses to give up.  She will do anything and everything to see her children and grandchildren smile.

2. Older sister, Sharon!  When we were younger, I was always mad that she was on the phone... I rarely wanted to use it, but when I did.... she was on it!  She was always willing to step in and defend me when others picked on me or were mean to me.  Once, when we went to the doctor's office to get shots, she threw a fit because the nurses were about to hurt her little sisters.  Even at such a young age, she always stood by us!  And now that we're adults, that hasn't changed.  She is constantly encouraging me to be better and not settle for something I don't deserve.  My sister is my go to gal when it comes to parenting and familial happenings!  I would be lost without her!

3. Younger sister, Alexis!  Alexis and I constantly fought as children.  I don't know how many things we've thrown at eachother and said to eachother.  I said some pretty horrible things to her and still feel guilty about that.  Although I can't take them back, I can make sure it never happens again!  Alexis is the youngest of my mom's daughters and is by far more mature than I was at her age.  She is an amzing woman, will make a great wife to Stephen, and will eventually be a wonderful parent (hopefully she'll have kids at some point, lol)!

4. My Uncle Bob!  He has always been able to make us laugh.  He refuses to let us disrespect our mother.  He has been an excellent role model and the best uncle any gal could ask for.  He goes above and beyond to put smiles on our faces!

5. Roger Bear!  Although I've known him less than 2 years, this man inspires me to be a better Christian.  You can imagine my skepticism of the Christian world as I am a single parent, never married.  Despite my continuing sin, Roger shows love and compassion like no other!  He makes me heart smile :)

6. Rose Bear:  This woman is the ultimate wife!  Creative and crafty, awesome in the kitchen, and not saying an unkind word about anyone.  I aspire to become 1/2 the woman Rose is!!

7. Liz Gentry has got to be the sweetest young lady I've ever met!  She is always willing to give... whether that be time, talent, kind words, or an ear!  Liz is definitely one of a kind!  I strive to be the sweet-hearted person that dear Liz is!

2 comments:

  1. There are blogs and then there are readable blogs! This is a readable one and I am so grateful to be among Summer's friends! Ephesians 3:14-21

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! You made my day, dear Summer AND you, m'dear, are worth investing in.

    ReplyDelete