Monday, July 16, 2012

I Said No!!!!


Today I went to pick my son up from daycare and then went on to Walmart.  Mistake 1.   While at walmart, I totally bypassed all the fun stuff that I don’t need and went straight for the food section!  Go me!  And then I have no clue what I wanted to get for the week so I was unprepared. Mistake 2.    As I strolled through the aisles trying to figure out what I could do for meals with things we may have at home, Kayden decided he just had to potty…. In his diaper.  Of which, I had no extras!  Mistake 3.  Now I’m in a hurry trying to feed 2 for a week on less than $50.00 and totally failed!  He smelled so bad, I just ended up getting 3 of his frozen meals, 2 of my frozen meals, Instant Rice, Cheetos, fruit snacks, some Tupperware containers to contain the leftovers, cheese it crackers, and snack bags for just over $30.  Stuck to my budget but didn’t get near enough food!
So just to be clear, the following are things NOT to do when going shopping for food to feed 2 people for a full week on less than $50 a week:

Rule #1: Never, under any circumstances, take children when shopping for breakfast.
Rule #2: Never attempt a shopping trip on a budget without putting thought into making a list! Take it with you and absolutely stick to it!  Do NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STRAY FROM YOUR LIST!!!
Rule #3: If you must take a child with you (which you shouldn’t if you follow Rule #1 above) DON’T FORGET THE DIAPER BAG!!!!
Needless to say, after I got him home and cleaned up and fed it was close to bed time.  I thought he was being all sweet and loving to the woman who birthed him but I couldn't have been more wrong!  My little bundle of joy came in for a "hug" and left with a sore mouth!  The little biter had done it again!  Bit me right on my breast!  AAAAHHHH! NOOOO!  "Mommy said NO Mr!"
Now he is in bed and I'm a little bruised from where his teeth punctured my thin skin!  I'm in for a world of adventures with this boy :)

1 comment: